About Planned Giving and the Legacy Society
Planned giving is a process of making a gift that uses tax, financial, and charitable estate planning techniques to enable a donor to make a sizable gift commitment and receive significant tax and financial benefits (as well as, of course, the pleasure of making a gift to something important and worthwhile in the community).
To honor those individuals who have included The Community Foundation of Fayette County in their estate plans, or who have created other types of gifts through thoughtful planning, the Board of Directors has established the Legacy Society. Its purpose is to thank and pay tribute to those who give with an eye to the future.
We invite you to join the Legacy Society in one of the following ways:
- Make a bequest to The Community Foundation in your will or revocable trust;
- Make the Community Foundation a beneficiary of an I.R.A. or other retirement plan;
- Make the Community Foundation a remainder beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust;
- Establish a charitable lead trust designating the charitable distribution to the Community Foundation;
- Make the Community Foundation the owner of a paid-up life insurance policy or the beneficiary of a life insurance policy; or
- Make a current gift into the Community Foundation of at least $25,000.
Why to Consider the Legacy Society
Why might you consider the Legacy Society? Two major reasons stand out:
(1) So that you can play a role in ensuring that The Community Foundation will be able to implement your wishes for the future;
(2) So that we can thank you personally, even if you wish to keep the details of your plan confidential or your gift anonymous. If you decide to inform us of your confidential plans but want to remain anonymous, we will respect your wishes for anonymity.
- If you would like more information or would just like to talk with us;
- If you would like to discuss your ideas before making gift plans; or
- If you believe that you are eligible for membership in the Legacy Society and would like to share your plans confidentially. Please contact Community Foundation staff at 724-437-8600.
For You and Your Attorney
The following information is provided to assist you and your attorney:
- The legal name of the foundation is The Community Foundation of Fayette County;
- The Community Foundation is an IRS nonprofit corporation [501(c)(3)] and is organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of PA;
- Sample bequest language:
I give to The Community Foundation of Fayette County, a nonprofit corporation, ___________(insert dollar amount, percentage of estate, or exact description of property) for the Community Trust or for the specific purpose of _________(designate purpose).
Legacy Society Members
- *William O. Burchinal
- Domenic Costello, Sr.
- *Elouise E. Eberly
- *Robert E. Eberly, Sr.
- *Ida Procyk
- *Louis H. Simons
- Harvey A. Tolstoi
- Barbara Ventura
- Thomas and Lynda Waggoner
- Pearl Strawberry Warman
The Community Foundation regrets any errors or omissions. Please notify us immediately so that we may correct our records.